The 7 Starlings vision
Excerpts taken from our CIC statement on founding and registered with Companies House October 2019
(Our aim is …) to create and develop a community infrastructure for Shepton Mallet and surrounding communities to sustain and improve social and ecological well-being.
The Company’s activities will provide benefit to the whole community of Shepton Mallet and 6 surrounding parishes.
For 7 Starlings
- Oversee the running of the new community hub situated in the library: provide and administer the hub space as a venue for a wide range of community activities
- Promote and facilitate events, services and activities across the area that are specifically of benefit to the community and include all sections of the community
- Create and deliver training in the ‘7 Starlings CIC’ approach to sustainable & resilient community leadership activity
Benefits will be
For the community
- Promoting inclusion
- Enabling cohesion and joining up disparate groups and organisations
- Creating a sense of active agency with empowered leadership
- Connecting up as many groups and interests as possible
- Fostering effective and ground-up collaboration across the whole town and surroundings
If the company makes any surplus it will be used for...
…Supporting activities in local communities.