Terms, Conditions and User Policies
Website Terms, Conditions and User Policies
Website Terms and Conditions
Use of this website is provided by 7 Starlings CIC subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- 7 Starlings CIC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures on it are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will 7 Starlings CIC be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- 7 Starlings CIC does not warrant that this website is error free, that use will continue uninterrupted that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- Commercial use or publication of any material on this website is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from 7 Starlings CIC. Some material on this website may have been published with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not 7 Starlings CIC). All rights are reserved on such material and permission to copy must be requested from the copyright owners.
- 7 Starlings CIC takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and we have no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that we approve of or endorse any such website or its content. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and non-proprietary.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the 7 Starlings CIC website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any 7 Starlings CIC service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour
Where 7 Starlings CIC reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
What data do we collect?
7 Starlings CIC collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Organisation details for event hosts
- Links to associated organisations and individuals by agreement, or already in the public domain
- Details of verification documents that will not be subsequently held by 7 Starlings CIC
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide 7 Starlings CIC with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Give us sight of verification documents, not subsequently held by 7 Starlings CIC
7 Starlings CIC may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- organisers who may wish to link you or your organisation to us or others, with your express permission.
How will we use your data?
7 Starlings CIC collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Build a resource of expertise and interests that serve the community- all with express permission of data owners
- Assess the extent and suitability of your compliance with your safeguarding and safety obligations, prior to accepting your booking.
When 7 Starlings CIC processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
7 Starlings CIC securely stores your data on our registered office computer system.
7 Starlings CIC will keep your data as outlined above for a period of one year. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
7 Starlings CIC would like to send you information about our events and services with your permission.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
We will not be sharing your information with any other organisation unless we are under a legal obligation to do so..
What are your data protection rights?
7 Starlings CIC would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request 7 Starlings CIC for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that 7 Starlings CIC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request 7 Starlings CIC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that 7 Starlings CIC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that 7 Starlings CIC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to 7 Starlings CIC’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that 7 Starlings CIC transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send us a message via our contact page or write to us at our registered address.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our website uses:
- Functionality – 7 Starlings CIC uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – 7 Starlings CIC uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address..
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us from our contact page or write to us at our registered address.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that 7 Starlings CIC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.